Kurtis Blow-The Breaks

Kurtis Blow - The Breaks

This comes courtesy of my dear friend and big bro Tyree Cooper. This one came up in conversation, played it and announced I had NEVER heard this track in my life! He couldn't believe I had never heard this track before! The UK didn't always get the music released in the US! always remember that. There are some absolute jewels in the musical crown that haven't even seen the light of day here!

This brings me to the thought, the music already released isn't getting the chance to be heard as it's diluted in the waterfall of music releases daily. It's losing value when you are bombarded with back to back to back releases. My advice... go back to the beginning. Ensure EVERYONE has the opportunity to hear it! It may be for the first time! Never assume everyone has heard it. It will also help with the greed of the music business for sure! If you vote with your feet, stop releasing music and get back to the grassroots and connections with people you can move forward as a collective. Supporting each other fully, inspiring the next generation, supporting, teaching, mentoring, coaching, guiding, leading, and building solid and trustworthy relationships. The time for procrastination, fakery and using of people is done. Just my opinion.

Comments